Library cool cat


Get a Voki now!

Friday, October 16, 2009

Thing #8 Screencasts

This was a real odyssey, especially trying to work on a slow computer. I chose to use screencast-o-matic and it was most impressive. I had it working on the first try. It was easy to size and manage. Unfortunately, I was working on a rather slow desktop and the machine chose to be super sluggish while I was trying to record. In fact, it froze on me so I had to abandon that screencast.

Try #2 I tried again later, and all seemed to be going along well until the machine froze again near the end. There was a pause recording function, so I thought this would be a good time to pause the recording until the machine started to work again. When the desktop finally resumed, I hit play, but had lost everything.

Try #3 Using a laptop, I had much more luck. The screencast that I made was rather crude, and could have used some editing, but at least it got done. My problem came with saving to my documents. I couldn’t find it anywhere. I had to do a search function and finally located it and moved it to my desktop to be ready to upload to the blog.

The subject I chose to screencast was Accelerated Reader. We have a big push to start using this invaluable program again, and the teachers are afraid of it. I can send them all the screencast which shows all the simple and direct steps they need to take to get it going. Learning things visually is so much easier for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment